Jumat, 29 Juli 2011

The Beginning

Finally...after completely failed with my previous blog because of my lack experience and knowledge in blogging, Astri's Pantry has it's first post...Here I come...

My name is Astri, 23 years old and I was born at hospital...hehehe...I have lived on Malang since I was a baby. Last year on 2010, I got my bachelor degree on Accounting from University of Brawijaya Malang. After 4 years of struggling being an uni student...I have the most unreasonable decision in my life...
I want to be a chef...a pastry chef...
Donna Hay, Pastry Chef-Food Stylist

It was the turning point in my life where I have to rebuild my own life. I made a risky decision but I believe in it. I believe that someday I can make my dream come true...I know it is hard to see my friends have a nice career at some accounting firm especially at The Big Four Accounting Firm, meanwhile I have to struggle and find an opportunity working in the professional kitchen...a low paid profession, with long working hours, no vacation but working in the name of passion and love...

Food is really the love of my life, I couldn't live without thinking about it in any minutes. The reason I love making pastry is the detail oriented and well organized of making it into a perfect dessert. The perfection is the challenge....Even I love making sweet things like cupcakes, pies, mini cake, pudding, macaron (which I always mess up making it), or mousse...I also love italian. I love cooking italian food because making various kind of pasta and experimenting different sauces, toppings or using different cheese is exciting...

Me, Astri- Pastry Chef Wanna Be


I am a masterchef TV show addict, and I always jealous to the contestant because having experience in a masterchef kitchen is one way to open your culinary dream. My favorite chef at Masterchef is Donna Hay, she's a pastry chef and also food stylist at Australia. It was amazing when I watched her plating the food. The ordinary ingredients she put on to the plate is magically turn into a masterpiece...Food is also the object of art.

My craziest culinary dream is studying hospitality at the most prominent culinary institution, Le Cordon Bleu Paris, but I don't know where I am going to be... No matter way life takes me, nothing can break my culinary dream...

3 komentar:

  1. Muantappp ... semoga mimpimu di kabulkan Allah SWT sebagai chef pantry .... lanjutkan perjuanganmu sampai tercapai cita-citamu kelak ... Bapak selalu berdo'a untuk kamu disini .... sukses ya nak

    BalasHapus
  2. Bapak...maksudnya itu chef pastry tah? aku nggak mau kalo jadi chef pantry...hehehe...

    BalasHapus
  3. astrii...itu ayahmu sudah dukung...
    tinggal kekuatan doamu sama kedua orang tuamu...samakan doa masing" dan dijalanin dengan penuh ikhlas...

    insya allah tinggal tangan Allah yang bergerak...
    semangat yaa :*

    BalasHapus

Polite comment and critic only